Membership of PHIN is currently free and is available in three categories Full; Affiliate; and Organisational. As a member, you will have:
- Copies of the PHIN newsletter emailed or posted to your home or office, to help keep you up to date with the latest developments in health information in the region and internationally
- Opportunities to network with health information professionals at local, national and international events
- Access to specialist educational resources and publications
- Opportunities to participate at PHIN conferences, meetings and workshops
- Advance information about conferences, seminars, workshops and other events in the region
Full membership is only open to individuals who work in a health information-related field and are based in a Pacific Island Country or Territory. Full members have voting rights in PHIN, and are also eligible to be nominated for President or Vice-President. As a full member you will be expected to actively participate in PHIN events, and are eligible to attend all PHIN meetings, conferences and workshops. Full members are also eligible to apply for scholarships to cover the costs of attending PHIN-related activities.
For those who are not based in a Pacific Island Country or Territory, and/or do not work directly in a health information related field, but are involved or affiliated with health information and would like to be involved in PHIN, an affiliate membership is available. Affiliate members cannot be nominated for President or Vice President and also do not have voting rights. However, affiliate members are eligible to attend all PHIN meetings, conferences and workshops.
Any organisation is eligible to join PHIN as an organisational member if its objectives are compatible with those of the Network, and it is involved in, or affiliated with the health information professional field. Organisational members have similar membership rights as affiliates, however their eligibility to attend PHIN meetings, conferences and workshops will be evaluated individually.
Comments or questions are welcome.